Friday, December 10, 2010

Praying for guidance and strength through hard times

This will be a very brief, to the point post. I've had a hard time since having Barrett, physically and emotionally. After the C-Section, ridiculously high blood pressure, some infections, and now a wretched cold, I've developed another problem. I thought I just had the "baby blues" as they call it but we now know it's full on postpartum depression. It's definitely not a good feeling and no one will understand it unless they've been through it. It's not something I'm ashamed of and have learned that it actually helps to talk about it with others. It's just a matter of how each person's body deals with the huge shift in hormones after giving birth and obviously mine doesn't do well with this change. I've lost about 45 pounds in 2.5 weeks and find it hard to eat or sleep anymore. We decided it was best to let some close family keep Barrett for a few days, to clear my head and hopefully get the right antidepressant for me. I've prayed and prayed to get things to straighten out and would appreciate any prayers I can get. I hardly ever ask for prayers but I feel it's an appropriate request for now. I love Barrett more than anything in the world and for that reason, I have to focus on me for now. Thanks in advance for your time.

2 comments:

  1. I Know EXACTLY what you are going through and I hope it comforts you to know IT WILL PASS!! It's a great idea to get help from family and focus on yourself. I'll be praying!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! It's good to know other people have felt the same.

    ReplyDelete