Monday, December 6, 2010

I'm not sure I was prepared for this...

The ups and downs, that is...I was hoping there would only be ups after Barrett arrived. Of course, he is the sweetest and best blessing I could have ever received but man, this has been tough. The C-Section itself was NOTHING in comparison to everything that's happened after it. I think I atleast have my blood pressure under control for now. Well, atleast it's not in the seizure or stroke zone :/ I was put on 3 different BP meds to start with and 2 of them gave me horrible side effects. So, I'm only on 1 of them now. My BP isn't quite as low as we'd like to see it but as long as I stay below the scary zone, we're sticking with that med. I no longer look like a balloon from all of the swelling, which is such a nice feeling! I also have to admit I'm very proud of myself for the weight I've lost. I gained 50 pounds throughout the pregnancy and in the past 2 weeks, I've lost 35 of those pounds...so only 15 to go! I guess that's what all this anxiety and not feeling good will do to ya! Now, I just get to battle this bladder infection and hopefully that will be it!

Barrett was what I considered a perfect baby the first week but now, he's totally got his days and nights mixed up. Last night for example, he stayed up ALL night (literally). He caught about 5 minutes of sleep here and there but was wide awake and wanted to party for the most part. Needless to say, I'm exhausted now. I had an appointment early this morning so no naps for me so far. Regardless, I'm tired of sitting home so I came into work anyways. Barrett got to come with me but I don't know how well this will work...we'll see!

Anyways, Barrett's growing like a weed! A few days ago, we weighed him at home and he's already 11.2 pounds...haha. He can control his head and eyes very well for his age. He's rolled onto his side a few times and tries to/has held his bottle on his own. I honestly think I gave birth to a 3 month old sometimes, minus the sleep pattern.

I'll update again soon! Everyone have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment