Monday, December 13, 2010

Barrett's checkup

I got a ton of stuff done today, thanks to my fantastic sister! We had an appointment with Dr. Woods first thing this morning. Barrett was 23.5 inches long and weighed a whopping 12 pounds! He's 3 weeks 1 day old today. The doctor said he looked and sounded like a perfect baby! After the doctor's visit, we grabbed some lunch and then got Barrett's newborn pictures done, finally! I've had to put it off for the past 2 weeks because of all my health problems but I'm glad we actually got them done today! They will be adorable and hopefully be on Facebook tomorrow or soon after. Then, I had a bunch of other places that I just had to run in and do something small, so my sis sat in the car with Barrett every place we went so he didn't have to get out in the freezing cold. I'm so thankful for the help and support I've gotten from my family lately and don't know what I'd do without them. My mother-in-law is even coming to clean my house for me tomorrow!

Some fun facts about Barrett this past week:
He loves ceiling fans
He likes the sound of running water
He has just started to enjoy his bouncy seat and naps in it during the day
He WILL pee on you within 5 seconds of removing his diaper every time he gets changed
He already has to sleep in his Pack n' Play in our bedroom because he's too big for his bassinet
He likes getting his head rubbed

He won't have another doctor's visit for 5 more weeks, when he'll be 8 weeks old. The doctor said that's when they'll give him his shots and I'm sure it'll break my heart to see him hurt. It breaks Lilly's heart too, when he cries. She gets excited every morning to go see Barrett and gives him lots of sugar. When he's fussy or crying, she has to be right beside him to make sure he's alright. On a side note, I've packed up all of my maternity clothes! It's a huge feeling of relief! I've got 4 garbage bags full, plus a couple of pregnancy pillows that I want to get rid of. I'm going to sell it all but the problem is that I'm selling it all TOGETHER. I don't want to mess with people looking through each item and seeing what they want to buy-there's just too many things to do it that way. So, if anyone's interested, let me know! Most of it is summer stuff, which are sizes Medium and Large. I have a little bit of Fall stuff but it's mostly sizes XL and petites.

And just an update from my last post, I'm feeling a little better. I think the anti-depressants may have started working a little and I'm just keeping faith that it will get better with each day. I appreciate all of you who've commented and prayed for me! Every little bit helps! Anyways, I hope everyone has a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment