Thursday, March 24, 2011

I'm Sleepy!

I tried taking Barrett's 4 month pictures but he wasn't having it...we took 2 and he was done! The 2nd picture is right before he pitched a fit!






This past week has exhausted me! I don't have Barrett on a "set" schedule or anything but he generally eats every 3 hours, goes to bed between 9 and 11 pm, and wakes up between 8 and 10 am. So he has a "general" schedule. When he spends the night away from home, he gets off schedule for a few days, after he returns home. He spent the night with someone last week and has been off schedule since. He has woken up multiple times a night for the past week. Luckily, I think he's finally getting back in the swing of things. He only woke up once between 11 pm and 9 am last night. To top things off, he got his 4 month shots on Monday. I figured it would be easier this time around but it was much worse. He didn't want to eat until late last night and ran fever until this morning. He's been really fussy the past 2 days but today was much better and he's eating better too.

Barrett and I went to Baker's Rack with my best friend today and spent the rest of the day with her. She's a teacher and on Spring Break this week, so we took advantage of it and had a great time. I attempted feeding Barrett cereal again tonight. We tried it once when he turned 3 months old and it didn't turn out well. He was constipated and gassy from the cereal, which led to him crying for practically 2 entire days. He sat in his high chair for the first time tonight too. He LOVED his high chair and looked like such a big boy in it. The cereal on the other hand...not so much. I couldn't spoon it in his mouth quick enough for him. I figured I'd try it when he wasn't "starving" so that this wouldn't happen but it really didn't make a difference. Oh well. We'll probably try it again in a week or so. His pediatrician said that he would wait until 6 months old to give him cereal but that it wouldn't hurt if I just wanted to give it to him. Barrett weighed 18 pounds 6 ounces and was 26.2 inches long! He isn't really fat, he's just built stocky. His measurements put him in the 97th percentile. I love my big boy and can't imagine him being a little baby! Everything else is going great with Barrett. His doctor did notice that his head is pushed in more on his left side, so we have to prop him on his right side, when he's lying on his back, playing. That way, his head will even out in the back. Barrett HATES lying on his stomach so that's not an option. I can't blame him though...what's interesting when you're looking at carpet? He plays alot in his Pack n' Play, Bumbo, or in his walker. He likes sitting up like a big boy, on his own.


He will be starting Mother's Day Out at Englewood next week, hopefully. I've filled out all of the paperwork and am going tomorrow to tour and finalize everything. It will be on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 9 am-2:30 pm, which will be nice and convenient for me. Englewood is just down the road from work. Ty's mom is going to keep him on Wednesdays, so that I have 1 more day to work or run errands. He goes with me to work sometimes but it's hard to get anything done with him there.

Anyways, I am exhausted and better go to bed while I can. Between keeping up with Barrett this past week and having a rough week with my pancreatitis, I haven't gotten much sleep. I can't wait for my appointment at Vanderbilt in May or possibly sooner! Good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment