Thursday, March 3, 2011

March 3, 2011

To start, Ty's grandmother passed away today. It's been a sad day, for sure. I thought alot of her and hate that she had to go so soon. I really hoped Barrett would have her around longer because he would have loved her. Anyways, visitation is Saturday and her funeral will be Sunday. We've closed work tomorrow as well. When a close relative or friend dies, it somewhat puts things in perspective-what/who's important and what/who are not. You need to live every day like it is your last.


On a different note...I had something happen this week that scared me. I laid Barrett on my bed, with his blanket while I got ready. All of a sudden, I heard him making a gasping noise so I looked over and he had the blanket wrapped around his face. You always hear stuff about SIDS but I just never thought my "big" boy would be susceptible to it. I was obviously wrong. It's not like the blanket was smothering him either...supposedly, when something comes close to a baby's face, they just THINK it's smothering them and they quit breathing. Needless to say, we won't be using blankets at all anymore, unless he's in my lap with it. That may be overreacting a bit but it's getting warm outside anyways, to where we won't need one. I'd rather be safe than sorry. He moves and shifts alot at night in his crib now, so the blanket would be everywhere, including his face. When he was smaller, we could wrap it around him and it'd be the exact same the next morning...not anymore. The picture below is Barrett in his Bumbo earlier this week. He loves laughing now!


Anyways, that's my update for the week. I've got a busy weekend ahead. My sister's supposed to be coming Friday and then visitation Saturday and funeral Sunday. Everyone have a great week.

No comments:

Post a Comment