Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Catching Up...

Side Note: I DID try to break this post into paragraphs but it won't let me for some reason. So, for some reason, I feel like I haven't posted in a while but I don't think it's really been that long. I've finally gotten some sort of work schedule for myself. On Mondays and Fridays, I have Barrett all day. On Tuesdays and Thursdays, he goes to Mother's Day Out. On Wednesdays, Ty's mom keeps him. So, I'm finally getting some free time, which is very nice! Between laundry (every other day), dishes (about every 3 days), work, a baby, a husband, a family, and try to fit in some personal time or time with friends, I've been a pretty busy girl. B's getting so big. He's slept so well the past 2 nights (knock on wood) and I'm so proud! Tonight, he's staying with Ty's parents and I miss him bunches! However, me and Ty took advantage of it and went to Cinema Planet and loved it! We were the only people in the theater, the big seats are so much nicer than Hollywood's, we had some good food (what I consider good food would be blah to others), and watched Insidious. We both thought the movie was pretty good but I'm finding it harder to deal with scary movies since I've had B. Not quite sure why. This movie was pretty scary though, in comparison to the most recent ones. B's still not rolling over but that's perfectly fine. I had to run by the doctor's office the other day for some shot records and mentioned it. His nurse said some babies may not roll over until they can crawl or even later. Like I've said before, I can't blame him...carpet is pretty boring. However, I did find him doing something new this morning. He went to sleep at 10 last night and I had to go wake him up at 8:15 this morning, to go to Mother's Day Out. To my surprise, his foot and ankle were wedged in between the rails of his crib. I'm just thankful he didn't pull hard enough to break it or anything. On another note, we need to get to looking for a new carseat. He's pretty much growing out of his and I can't tote him around in it anymore anyways. To sum up B's progress, he's the cutest baby boy ever born and his laugh makes me so happy :). Last weekend, we went to Atlanta to celebrate my nephew's 4th birthday, so Happy Birthday Colin! He had his party at the fire station there, which I must say was pretty stinkin' cool. I never knew they'd allow you to have parties there. It was such a luxury when I was little to have your birthday party at McDonald's and you were really upscale if you had your party at the skating rink. My puppy Lilly and her sister Ellie (mom's dog) had their 3rd birthday Sunday as well, which is the same day as Colin's actual birthday. I feel horrible because I didn't even get her anything :(. I'll definitely make it up to her though! She stayed with Ty's parents while we were gone so that was probably enough of a present to her than I know :). She loves going out there because she pretty much runs things...haha. And on another COMPLETELY different note...I went to the doctor today to discuss getting "fixed". I'm supposed to get a call back from my preferred doctor on Friday or Monday to see what he thinks. Some doctors are weird about "fixing" a woman my age because they feel like you're jumping the gun. However, after what I've been through, I'm positive I do NOT want anymore children and I just can't chance it. I'm debating between getting my tubes tied (they have to put you to sleep, you're normally in for the morning and out by that night, and have a few days to a week of recovery), Essure (they sedate you but you're still aware of things, done in the office, and no recovery time-they insert coils into your tubes and scar tissue forms around it), and Adiana (they sedate you, done in the office, and no recovery time-it's some type of burning of the tubes and something inserted to stop eggs from dropping). I know I sound crazy, but I think I'm going with the old-fashioned tubal. The only thing holding me back is that this will be my 3rd abdominal surgery in less than 3 years and that's scary. I've already had hernia repair, C-Section, then this? Not to mention, I'm not sure what procedure the Vanderbilt doctor is going to want to do to unblock my bile duct. Oh decisions, decisions... Everyone thinks I'm crazy for not wanting another child. It's almost like it's the American Standard to get married and have a bunch of kids, while the husband goes off to his high-paying business job and the wife stays home with the kids all day, every day, cooking, and cleaning. It's just not for me. I always get comments from random strangers when they ask, "are you going to try for a girl" and I tell them "no, I'm done". They always act so shocked I don't want more than 1 child. If a person doesn't want another child, why in the world would you try to push them to? Sounds crazy to me. I give props to mothers of multiple children. I must be lazy because I don't see how they do it. Anyways, I think I've shared my whole life story...haha. I've had alot of flare ups with my bile duct lately and the pain is moving around now...not sure why. I'm counting down until my appointment in Vanderbilt. In fact, I believe it's 34 days away. They DID let us know that they had a cancellation that I could have though, and it would be on May 17th! Yay!!!! Too bad my current appointment is on May 10th...dee duh dee...welp, I got's to get some sleep while I have a break from baby. Good nite and good week!

No comments:

Post a Comment