Tuesday, March 1, 2011

"Mother Knows Best"

Mother knows best...I have definitely found this to be true! My mother always knew what was best for me as a child, even though I may have not thought that at the time. The same applies to me, as a mother. I know what's best for Barrett and I feel like I've done a pretty good job of parenting so far. He's healthy, happy, and loved, which is what's important. A mother shares a special bond with her child that no one can come close to. A mother is irreplaceable. I can only dream for Barrett to love me as much as I love my mother. I've had some critiquing lately, which has brought up this subject. I feel for other new mothers that have to go through this. I'm sure at some point, every parent has the same issue. Anyways, I'm through with my rant for the day ;)


Barrett started losing some hair today :(. I was rubbing his head and noticed I had little hairs in my hand and all over his face. It's so weird how overnight, it decided to start falling out. He had so much to start with though, that it won't be a big deal. He has gotten so observant. He really likes watching his hands and feet lately. He mocks facial expressions too. He just started using his bumbo last week, since he's finally able to hold himself up completely. Time is flying by. He goes for his 16 week shots in about 2.5 weeks. We'll be equipped with Tylenol and his swing though, so we'll get through it! He's just an overall happy baby. He sleeps through the night and hardly ever fusses. I have to make sure he naps alot or he'll fuss. He doesn't get tummy aches much anymore. He spits up but what baby doesn't? He weighed 17 pounds the other day, according to our scale at home. That puts him in the 90-95th percentile! He's wearing 9 and 12 month clothes right now. I can't believe how big he is! I can tell in my back too, that he's getting bigger, from toting around his carrier.


I'll update again soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment