Monday, October 25, 2010

Stick a fork in me...I'm done.

I'm 35 weeks today with only 35 days to go. I feel a little more at ease since I'm done with all of the preparing. I packed our hospital bags last night and put the car seat in the trunk. I doubt I'll actually strap in the car seat until we're at the hospital. I just don't want to look like a weirdo riding around with an empty car seat for possibly 5 more weeks! I went to the doctor today and everything is still going great and as planned. I got my Group B Strep test today and will find out if I'm a carrier at my visit next Monday. I only gained 2.5 pounds in 2 weeks this time, so I'm kinda proud of myself. Ha ha. They expect a gain of a pound a week at this stage so I'm pleased with 1.25 lbs a week. I can always lose the weight after Barrett's here anyways.
Sleep is still non-existent and I'm up odd hours at night. So in other words, if you see me on Facebook or something at 4 am, no, I'm not on drugs...ha ha. I would be able to sleep if it weren't for the pain in my hips and back. I always end up on the couch with ice packs and Tylenol for a few hours and then I try to go back to bed. But the problem with that is, I get hungry while I'm up which leads to heartburn when I lay down. Oh the joys!

So, Halloween is coming up and I've decided I'll just dress up as a pregnant woman. I had considered a real costume but at this point, dressing up isn't so much of a priority. We're still celebrating the occasion though since Ty's still allowed to drink! Oh well, I'll have me a good glass of wine after Barrett's here! I can't wait either... For now, I'm trying to get some stuff wrapped up at work, since I doubt anyone will find the time to do it after I take leave. I kind of do everyone else's crap-work. I also deal with getting proper documentation for Medicare approvals which is a pain but someone's got to do it. I have to strongly force myself to come into work now. I REALLY want to take maternity leave but I don't want to get bored. With all of the baby stuff going on, I totally forgot that my birthday is coming up in 2 weeks. I'm thankful to have had another year on this earth and to have had all these blessings come my way in that time frame. As a side note, my mom did great with her back surgery. We're all very pleased at how well she's done this time around and are very thankful.

No comments:

Post a Comment