Monday, October 11, 2010

Chubby cheeks!


I had my ultrasound today and all was great! Barrett's so big, it was hard to get a good picture of him but you can see above, he's got some chubby cheeks already! I'm 33 weeks exactly today and Barrett measured exactly 35 weeks, so he's 2 weeks ahead. They estimated him weighing 5 pounds 10 ounces, which hopefully is a little on the high end, since they supposedly gain about half a pound a week from here on out. That would mean he'd be about 9.5 pounds by 40 weeks. All of his measurements put him in the 69th percentile, which is great news! I had to get the flu shot again today. I got the H1N1 vaccine back in April but it didn't include the basic flu shot. Well now, they have them together so I got the H1N1 and the flu shot today. I remember last time, I felt like crap after getting the vaccine, so I plan on doing absolutely nothing tonight.

I had my second baby shower yesterday, which was hostessed by my stepdad's sisters and sister-in-laws and Ty's aunt. Everything turned out great and was so cute! I got a ton of gifts which of course, I had to have organized and put up by the time I went to bed last night ;). I have my third and last shower this coming Sunday and can't wait! Ty's mom's friends are hostessing this one so I'm sure it'll be cute. I'm just so lucky and grateful to have so many people willing to have these showers for me. I noticed last night, that Lilly (our dog) is finally realizing that something is going on. She had been in Barrett's room with me, watching intensely, as I put up all of his stuff. I couldn't find her and finally heard her under his crib. I don't know how she even fit under it because it's about half as tall as she is. She also thinks that all of the stuffed animals are for her. She gets this sad look on her face when I put them away and don't let her have them. I need to go out and get her a couple of new toys to make her feel better ;).

For now, I'm just feeling like poo. My hips, back, and feet hurt so bad. I don't sleep but about 2-3 hours a night. The heartburn and headaches are so annoying. I'm just overwhelmed and excited at the same time. I know this is all for Barrett though, so it's alright and I'll cope. I just can't wait to meet and hold him! I would love to go ahead and take maternity leave but I know time will just creep by so I'm still working for now.

My mom's having back surgery on Wednesday, so we're praying everything goes smoothly with it! She'll have about a 4 week recovery so it'll be just in time for Barrett's arrival. I hope everyone has a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment