Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Blah...

I'm 34 weeks 1 day with only 41 days to go. I woke up yesterday and have felt totally different than previously. It honestly feels like Barrett's just going to fall out which leads me to walking like a weirdo sometimes. Not to mention, the pain in my hips and back has gotten really intense since yesterday. Sleep is completely lacking and the nausea has set in really good again. I know that these extra 32 pounds aren't helping! On the positive side, Barrett's movements make me happy and knowing that his birth is just a few weeks away makes me feel much better!

I had my last baby shower this past Sunday and I can finally say that Barrett has everything he needs and pretty much all is ready for his arrival. Special thanks to all of my 13 hostesses (between 3 showers) and fab friends and family that came or sent gifts! I can't believe how sweet and caring some people can be! I'm just really glad that I've done all this stuff early. So many people suggest that there's no point in doing everything early but I can't imagine working on his room right now. I need to pack our hospital bags at some point in the next few weeks but I've just been too tired to even mess with it. I had my last prenatal massage last week and have my last chiropractor appointment this afternoon. As far as the chiropractor goes, he prefers not to work on pregnant women this close to labor, so we aren't going to keep scheduled appointments anymore. However, he said if I was having intense problems, he'd work on me. To be honest though, it's getting uncomfortable for me to get on the table and get treatments anyways.

While I was putting up all of the gifts from the shower Sunday, I just kept thinking about how shocked I was that I'm going to have a baby in a few weeks. Women have babies at this stage all the time so it's getting more real by the day. For now, I'm trying to finish up Christmas shopping. If I'm having a hard time going to the grocery now, I know I won't be doing any Christmas shopping in a couple of weeks. My goal to be done is November 1st! Anyways, I hope everyone has a great rest of the day!

No comments:

Post a Comment