Thursday, September 30, 2010

60 days!

60 days...that's how long I have until my due date...not like I'm counting or anything! I can't believe it's that close to being here! I had a great doctor's visit this morning. Barrett's heartbeat was 150 bpm and my blood pressure was excellent at 120/70. At my last visit, it was high so I was thrilled to hear it was normal today. I also learned that I get another ultrasound next Monday, Oct. 11th! My stomach is measuring larger than normal so the doctor said he just wants to make sure Barrett hasn't had a huge growth spurt or something. At my 8 week ultrasound, he measured 6 days ahead of what his 6 week scan measured and at 18 weeks, he measured 5 days ahead. But, my doctor doesn't change the due date unless Barrett was measuring over 2 weeks difference. Therefore, the due date will stay at November 29 unless this next ultrasound shows him measuring atleast 2 weeks difference (from what I understand). I can't wait to see his sweet face again!

I'm starting to get really irritated at how rude some people can be. Saying I have a big belly is perfectly fine with me...because it is. BUT, saying that I'm huge in general, is just tacky. I've noticed it's always people that have no room to talk either but I'll try to be the bigger person and not tell them their faults ;). I've even had a couple of people comment on how big I am and go on to ask how much I've gained. I think being pregnant must attract idiots. However, I'm always glad to tell them I've gained 30 pounds. I mean, I'm pregnant for goodness sake. Aren't you expected to gain weight and have a big belly while you're pregnant? If my doctor doesn't say anything about my weight gain, then no one else should. In the end, I'll be the one who has to work it off.

Barrett has by far had his most active days yesterday and today. I made chocolate covered bananas last night and had one and after that, he moved more than ever before! I laughed at first and thought, "how sweet" and then of course it worried me. Haha. I am a worry-wart anyways. It was almost like he was trying to escape. His arms, legs, and butt were everywhere for a solid 10 minutes! Supposedly, babies peak in movement around this time so I'm guessing this is his peak. I've been told that around 35ish weeks, they may slow down because they're so big, they have no room to move. I know I'll miss his feet in my ribs when he slows down, as odd as that sounds.

We got to walk throught the Labor & Delivery part of the hospital Tuesday night, which was our last Childbirth class. It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be but it definitely doesn't look like fun. They've done quite a bit of updating since my sister had her last baby there almost 6 years ago. Unfortunatley, the fake pregnant belly that Ty was going to get to wear at the last class, had a hole in it. So, he didn't get the joy of trying it on. I would love for him to know how it feels to be pregnant...haha. I don't know if I went through some early nesting or what, this past week. I cleaned my house from top to bottom including steamcleaning my carpet. I have also washed all of Barrett's stuff and put together all of his big items. I'm a little OCD with stuff anyways but I've had a huge desire to get everything done lately. I guess that's a good thing though-to get it done now rather than later. When I cleaned my house Tuesday, it was pretty difficult. Little things like bending over to clean the bathrub and getting up high enough to clean mirrors were tough. That "may" have been the last time I deep-clean my house, if I can find a good cleaning person. My hips and back have paid for it the past few days. I will update again later!

No comments:

Post a Comment