Sunday, September 26, 2010

9 weeks to go!

It's been a fabulous and busy weekend! I had my first baby shower that was hostessed by my 2 sisters and best friend. It turned out so much better than I could have imagined and I know it took a lot of work from the girls, which I am so thankful for! I appreciate all 3 of them so much as well as all of the guests that showed up! We got so many things for Barrett including his bouncy seat, monitor, high chair, bathtub, pack n' play, rocker/sleeper, darling clothes, lots of personalized stuff, and the daily essentials. We bought one of the car seats ourselves, only because Babies R' Us won't be carrying it much longer and I was just in love with it! We still need Ty's car seat, the stroller, exersaucer, and swing, as far as big stuff goes. We still need a lot of stuff like diapers, wipes, clothes, and all of the other little stuff, as I know you can't really get enough of those. I have 2 more showers in the next 3 weeks and I'm looking forward to those too! I'm very lucky to have so many people that have offered to hostess baby showers.

I'll be 31 weeks tomorrow, which means only 9 more weeks til my due date. I'll technically be considered full term on Nov. 8th, which is a day before my birthday! They still want him to bake until 40 weeks (Nov. 29) but if he were to come at 37 weeks (Nov. 8), he would be fine! I've gone ahead and told myself to count on him being late so that maybe I won't be crushed when he doesn't come early. I know anything can happen and due dates are merely estimates. We have our last childbirth class this Tuesday night. That's one more thing to cross off my list. We'll have 1 infant class the following week but it's just a one-time thing, thank goodness. I'll admit, last week's childbirth class freaked me out a little bit. I normally don't mind looking at surgical utensils, etc. but now that I'm getting closer to "the day" I'm a little panicky. The teacher brought quite a few utensils including the epidural, different monitors, forceps, and some other stuff. Everything kind of reminded me of torture devices...haha. I'd almost rather just show up the day of delivery and not know what I'm walking into. We'll just pray for the best!

I get asked about 10 times a day how I feel and honestly, I feel like I've been ran over. Of course, I try and just say I'm fine to everyone because really, no one wants to hear someone else's problems, as we all have problems from time to time. I made a special visit to the doctor last week because I was scared I was having contractions for about 30 minutes one day. The doc said I'm not dilated and everything was fine so we're guessing maybe some false contractions (braxton hicks) which supposedly are "practice" contractions for later on. That's great...just what I wanted ;). Luckily, it hasn't happened since. I did learn something else that day though, that didn't make me too happy. My blood pressure was 140/86 which isn't great. They checked it again before I left and said it went down so for now, I'm fine. It seems like it's gotten higher and higher each visit I've been to so it worries me that I'll end up being diagnosed with high blood pressure. I can't imagine being on bed rest. I think I'd drive myself insane! Luckily though, no other signs of preeclampsia so that's good. I've had a very long week and weekend so I think I'm fixing to get in the bed while I have the chance. Yes, it's only 5:15 pm but sleeping at night is rare these days ;). Everyone have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment