Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Pregnancy is hard on a girl

I'm becoming aware of how tough these next 10 weeks are going to be. I wake up with back pain. I go to sleep with back pain and I'm sure it will only get worse. It's so constant, that I feel like I'm going to vomit alot of the time. I'm going to continue seeing my chiropractor and getting massages but I think I'm just at a point where neither is going to help completely. I started walking this week, thinking it may help but I feel like it may have made it worse. I might just tough it out for another week and see if in the long run, it does help. The first night we walked, I realized I needed new tennis shoes so we made a visit to Hibbett last night. To my surprise, I have grown a size and a half in shoes, since I've gotten pregnant! I also learned I can't tie my shoes normally anymore. I can struggle and get them tied on the side of the shoe though. I noticed this morning that my entire lower stomach has been taken over by stretch marks. I've been using alot of lotion and hoped maybe the stretchmarks would stay away. I got some cocoa butter (which smells horribly) to see if I can prevent more from showing up. However, from what I understand, stretchmarks are in certain people's genes and there's not a whole lot you can do to prevent them.

I'm growing out of clothes by the month, if not by the week. There's no telling how much money I've spent just on maternity clothes. I just made a huge order at Motherhood and am waiting on it to come in so maybe I don't look like I'm trying to fit into too-small clothes. Atleast I'll have plenty clothes if I decide to have another baby! I've always wanted to have 3 kids. However, now that I've been pregnant, I'm not sure I want to go through this again. Don't get me wrong, it's by far worth it, to have my own biological child. But, the last 7.5 months have been tough. Mainly, I want Barrett to have a sibling. I grew up with 2 sisters and can't imagine what life would be like without them. At the same time, Ty grew up an only child and said he never knew the difference. We've actually mentioned adopting further down the road. This is nothing set in stone though. There are just so many children out there that deserve so much better. I would definitely want a newborn if it was possible. Right now, I go back and forth on the subject but it will give me plenty of time to think about it before we decide what we want to do.
My maternity picture plans have changed. I've found a new photographer and am scheduled for September 23rd to get them done. I've got to go to Memphis Saturday to see if I can find a really cute outfit for me and something for Ty too. Most of what I wear now would be fine but I want something extra-special. We have our second childbirth class tonight, which I kind of look forward to. I'm sooo excited about my baby shower on the 25th! I got my own invitation (above) to it last weekend and it couldn't be any cuter! Knowing all of my hostesses very well, I know everything will be adorable.

No comments:

Post a Comment