Thursday, September 2, 2010

Moving along

I'm 27 weeks 3 days and definitely feeling it. It's been a trying week so far, for a few reasons. First, we've taken Lilly (my dog) to work with us every day for the past 2 years. Unfortunately, she's acted up lately and I'm trying to go back to our training days, when she was 6 months old. She has gotten to where she barks at every child that walks by our store. She adores children and only wants them to come in and visit but we can't have her barking non-stop in the building. It's just unprofessional. Occasionally, we'll have a customer that is scared of dogs, so we've ran into that problem too. We do have a sign on the door, telling customers that we have a small dog in the building. So, they usually tell us when they walk in, that they don't like dogs, and we put her in her crate. However, I hate for people to be scared to come in our building because of our 18 pound dog, when she'd be perfectly fine, left at home. I just hate leaving her home because our customers love her so much. We even have a few that come by just to see Lilly. She's such a good-natured dog but she is a dog. Like I said, she barks at children (outside the building only) and at people that have stuff like sunglasses or hats on their head. So, today and tomorrow will be her test as to whether she can keep coming to work or not. So far today, she's attempted to bark at 1 child outside but I luckily got her attention and she didn't start. I guess tomorrow holds her future! haha.

The other problem is that I slept by myself, for the first time in a while, last night. No, me and Ty aren't having problems and are doing great, haha. I do fine falling asleep in our normal bed but I wake up every hour or less, with Ty's knees in my back or stomach. I've just gotten too big to feel comfortable in a queen bed with another body. So, I slept in the guest bed last night, which I can say is pretty comfy, and I slept a little better. I still have a ton of hip and back pain, especially while sleeping, but sleeping by myself helped. I'll probably try to alternate beds so that I can at least get 3/4 nights of decent sleep a week. I can't sleep without Ty EVERY night of the week. It just doesn't feel right.

I'm considering getting an elective 4d ultrasound in Memphis in the next week or so. It's pretty neat and fairly inexpensive so I figured why not. They record the entire ultrasound so you can take home a DVD of it. I would love to see him again, since he's filled out some since the last time I saw him, 10 weeks ago. I'm still supposed to get a 34 week scan but it's not set in stone. Even if I did get one done now, it will be another 6 weeks or so before I'm 34 weeks. I'm waiting on Wednesday to get here, so I can get the glucose test over with. It's just one more thing to knock off my list. We have our first childbirth class Tuesday and Ty is so eager to go! And yes...I am being sarcastic. He's not looking forward to it, to say the least. At least he'll have a few other guys in there with him and not feel like a TOTAL outcast. For now, I'm just watching my belly grow and feeling Barrett roll and move around alot more. He still kicks and punches alot but I've gotten to where I can feel and see his butt or head poking out sometimes. It's pretty neat and I look forward to more of it!

No comments:

Post a Comment