Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Progressing Nicely

I am 22 weeks 2 days today and am starting to feel very pregnant. My belly is just starting to interfere with daily things, which is perfectly fine with me, but definitely something to get used to. Mainly, a front-loading washer would be fantastic at this point! I went for a checkup today and everything was great. Barrett's heartrate was 150, which seems to be about average for him the past couple of months. I was informed by the doctor that I will be getting a 3D ultrasound at 34 weeks, which I am ecstatic about! Barrett was breech last time so they want to make sure he turns around. Only 3% of babies that are found to be breech at the 18-20 week mark, will actually stay breech. But, they still want to check on him and said it's a good "excuse" to see the baby again! The night after my last post, Ty felt Barrett kick, which was so great. Last night, we saw my stomach move when he kicked, which makes it even more real. He's had a burst of energy since last night and has been really active since. Every time they've listened to him using the doppler at the doctor's office, I get the comment, "he's a busy baby" so I'm thinking I might have my hands full in 4 months. I started feeling really weak and dizzy last week so I called the doctor and the phone nurse told me I just needed to eat more and that it's a normal part of pregnancy. It got worse as the day went on so I decided to go to Convenient Care and just make sure I wasn't anemic and sure enough, I am. Not too bad but just enough to keep an eye on. So, that meant I got to start back on my iron, which made me so sick in the beginning. So far though, I've done fine with it and it seems it may already be helping me a little.


We finally got the nursery painted and got his furniture and basics in place. I am in love with the way it turned out! I've ordered a couple of things for his walls and still need to get a glider and some kind of rug for his room but I'm just glad I got the basics down. I've scheduled our childbirth classes for the entire month of September. I believe it's 2.5 hours long, one night a week, for 4 weeks. Then we'll have 1 infant class that lasts a couple of hours but only one night in October. I've got a few different showers in the works. As of now, I've got one set for the end of September and am so excited for it! I know my 3 best friends (2 sisters and 1 practically-adopted sister) will do a great job planning it! I see the doctor again in 4 weeks for a checkup. After that, I believe they will have me come every 3 weeks. At the visit after next (in about 7 weeks), I have to take my sugar test. I'm scared to death that I'll fail, only because I've had some odd sugar problems in the past. Occassionally, it would be around 130 after fasting but it wasn't frequent enough to make any diagnoses. At one point, it was 250 but my doctor at the time did a repeat test and I was within normal limits. Just as a comparison, sugar levels after fasting shouldn't be over about 110. At any point in time, the level shouldn't be over 180. I just pray that I can miraculously pass this test! Other than that, things are progressing smoothly and I look forward to seeing this baby again in a few months.

No comments:

Post a Comment