Monday, July 12, 2010

20 weeks!

Today marks exactly 20 weeks for me! It's a relief to know I've gotten this far! I spent ALL day Saturday emptying Barrett's room and closet to get ready to decorate. His furniture should be in at Toys R' Us any day now and his bedding will be here by the 14th. I was going to get the bedding custom made but it ended up being more of a hassle than what it was worth. I found an adorable set on Sears' website, believe it or not, and just ordered it. So far, I've bought him about 6 outfits and a brown diaper bag with his name embroidered in green. Some things are just too cute to pass up. I ordered his bassinet Friday, which I cannot wait to see in person! It's kind of old-fashioned looking with a long pleated skirt. The nausea I had in the first trimester is still here but usually only in the mornings. Right now my main problem is sciatica and back pain, acid reflux, headaches, and my sleep pattern is way off. For some reason, I wake up around 3am and stay up for a few hours, then want to sleep til noon. That sleep schedule doesn't work well when I need to be at work the next morning but luckily, my boss (husband) is pretty understanding and let's me be late quite a bit ;). I had my first "pregnancy brain" moment this weekend while I was getting the washer ready to put in our bed sheets. I started by putting the detergent where fabric softener should go and then proceeded to put the fabric softener where bleach is supposed to go. I stopped by after a little while and realized I never even put the sheets in, which I guess was a good thing since they wouldn't have gotten clean that way anyways. That's when I realized I had started the dryer as well...with nothing in it. I wonder how many other crazy things I've done without realizing! In the next few weeks, I need to schedule my childbirth class. I WILL be getting all the pain assistance I can during labor but figured the class is still a good idea. Not to mention, it's a way to pull Ty away from the Playstation 1 night a week for 4 weeks! I've thought about taking the Infant Class even though I think I'd make it just fine with my mom and 2 sister's advice but the class might save me from having to call them every 10 minutes! I don't know what I'd do without their advice!

No comments:

Post a Comment