Friday, February 4, 2011

I'm home!

It is so nice to be home and not couped up in that depressing hospital room. I will say though, I didn't realize how much pain I was in until I got home and moving around. The pain meds there were MUCH more effective than what I have at home. I'm definitely missing my Barrett. When I was in the hospital from Tuesday to Thursday, he stayed with mine and Ty's parents. I'm still pretty sore so I can't pick him up alot. So, I figured Ty's mom needed to keep him again today, even though I hated seeing him leave. I know I'll be with him all weekend, so that's what I'm looking forward to.

So, since the procedures they did on me at the hospital were unsuccessful, I have to go to Vanderbilt. My doctor said they're just waiting on Vandy to call him back and tell him the date and time. He said it will be within the next month so that's good. I LOVE eating and that's what I miss the most about all of this. I was told yesterday that when I get another pancreatitis attack, just stop eating...I have a feeling it won't be that easy. All I've had in the past 4 days is 2 milkshakes and some yogurt. I've had some water and Sprite in between all of that but that's not NEAR enough to make me feel normal. I did find out that the procedure they did on me is called
Percutaneous Transhepatic Cholangiogram-or atleast that's what they told me. I've googled it and it "seems" that's what they did. I woke up a couple of times during it and it didn't feel too great, that's what I DO know. But anyways, once I get in with Vanderbilt, I'm hoping they can fix me up. I just hate that I had these procedures here and in the end, they were semi-pointless. The guy that did the PTC told me before I had it done that he was 50/50 on doing it. He said he felt like he wasn't going to be able to do it but that my doctor asked him to try it before going to Vanderbilt. I'm disappointed that I didn't listen to him and proceeded with the procedure. I just remember him talking about how painful it is and how many risks were involved, which is why he wasn't 100% on doing it. Of course, he said if I was in immediate danger, then he'd be 100% on it but my condition can hopefully hold off for a couple of months before causing permanent damage. I think Vanderbilt may be the best choice for me.

Anyways, I guess I'll get off here so I can catch up on Teen Mom. I watched it at the hospital Tuesday night but wasn't really all there...haha. I'll be so glad to pick up my baby tonight! I hope everyone has a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment