Sunday, February 13, 2011

B's 12 weeks old

Barrett is getting so big! He's 12 weeks old today and I just can't believe it. Time has flown by! He's a starving little boy so we tried cereal a week ago. Unfortunately, he cried the entire next day, because his stomach hurt. So, we're going to wait another month and try again. I just don't think he's ready yet. Luckily though, he's gotten so much better at sleeping at night. For the most part, he sleeps 5-6 hours at a time at night. He usually goes to bed between 9 and 10 pm and gets up between 8 and 9 am. Of course, he wakes up to eat once or twice between those times but it's still so much better! He stayed with my sister last night, so me and Ty were able to go to a movie and sleep in. I'm enjoying getting to spend as much time as I can with Barrett and Ty. I love them so much! I'm so thankful that I have good family, that wants to keep Barrett so often! He used his Bumbo for the first time Friday. He enjoyed it for about 5 minutes and then wanted out. But, he was hungry so maybe the next time we use the Bumbo, he can stay in it longer. He's finally at the perfect age for toys that make noises or entertain him visually. I've decked out his pack n' play in the living room, with his activity gym and a thing that looks like a piano, that makes noises when he kicks it. He's just started to get interested in it. He's got all kinds of other toys in there too, that we like to play with. He likes watching cartoons as well. Honestly, anything on TV amazes this child. I'm so lucky to have such a happy baby. I must say, he's pretty darn cute too! He'll be 3 months old on Feb. 21st. He goes back to the doctor on March 21st, when he'll be 4 months old and get his next round of shots. Ugh...I dread it. As long as I have baby Tylenol and his swing, we should be good though. Those are the only 2 things that got us through it last time.

In other news, I still don't have an appointment at Vanderbilt, to unblock my bile duct. I'm getting pretty frustrated to say the least. I'm in pain, hungry, and nauseous, all day, every day. It's been almost 2 weeks since we found out what was wrong and I still don't even have an appointment to fix the problem. I woke up last night with legitimate hunger pains. I want real food so bad. I'm tired of eating stuff that's equivalent to baby food. My GI's office isn't doing anything to help me anymore so I'm going to try and get in with my regular doctor tomorrow to see if there's anything she can do. I'm going to try calling Vanderbilt too, but they're so big, I figure I won't be able to get any information. My GI's office claims that it's all in Vandy's hands at this point and they're supposed to be calling me. I'm not sure how much longer I can tolerate feeling like this. Not to mention, it's not good to have a blocked bile duct this long. Hopefully, I'll get some good news this week.

So Valentine's Day is tomorrow. I doubt we're doing anything special. Going to the movies last night was good enough for me ;). I'm sure everybody and their mother will be out tomorrow night anyways, so we'll probably just chill at home. I do have Ty a present and hopefully he has me one too (hint, hint) but that's about our extent of celebrating Valentine's Day. Anyways, I better hit the sack so I can get a few hours of sleep before little man wakes up! Everyone have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment