Thursday, January 13, 2011

Time is flying by!

I can't believe my baby will be 8 weeks old on Sunday! Time has gone by way too fast! He has his 8 week doctor's visit next week, when he'll get his shots. I'm curious to see how much he weighs and how long he is b/c he seems REALLY long and his fat cheeks melt my heart. At his last visit, he was in the 93rd percentile for his age. I dread him getting his shots but I know we'll get through it. He's gotten better about getting into a routine and I'm loving it. He goes to bed at about 1 am every night and gets up about every 3 hours for a bottle. It takes me about 30 minutes to change his diaper, feed him his bottle, and get him back to sleep. He tends to get up for the day around 10 am. He's definitely a sleep-fighter. When he's crying during the day and he's been fed and diaper changed, I know it's because he's sleepy. We have to go in his room, turn all the lights and TV off, and make him go to sleep. Otherwise, he wants to watch everything that's going on around him. Once he's asleep, he can pretty much sleep through anything but it's getting to sleep that's the problem. He smiles alot now and it's just the sweetest thing in the world. Me and him definitely have a special bond. This week, he has started to try and suck his thumb. Every now and then, he'll actually get his thumb but most of the time, he just sticks other fingers or his whole fist in his mouth and sucks on it. Luckily, he seems to be over his cold too and I'm starting to feel better as well. Whatever we had was rough and stuck around for 2-3 weeks. I've always hated asking people to wash their hands and not get in his face when they hold him, but I guess I'll have to start telling people to do that. After he was born, he was held by sooo many people and passed around, I'm surprised he didn't catch more than what he has.

At this stage, he's enjoying watching the fans still and even laughs at them sometimes (I have no idea what's funny about a fan but he sees something funny in it). He can control his head on his own for the most part now. He sleeps excellent in his carseat. Patting him on the butt while rocking him is the best way to put him to sleep. He's filling out size 6 month clothes and can wear a few 9 month sleepers. He loves getting baths but hates getting out of the water. He laughs at his daddy, when he does "the dinosaur". It's where Ty walks in front of him and pretends to be a dinosaur...I'm sure he'll kill me if he sees this ;). He likes to sit up like a big boy and isn't crazy about being held like a baby anymore. Those are just a few of the things I can think of that he's got going on right now.

Having Barrett has been the best thing that has ever happened to me. It is ALOT more work than I ever imagined but it's all worth it. I thought I knew what having a baby would bring but I don't think anyone ever knows the extent of how much work is involved until the baby arrives. He is by far the sweetest thing in the world though and I'd have it no other way. Well, he's waking up so I gotta go! I hope everyone has a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment