Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Oh the aggravation!

I've hoped my whole pregnancy that I would not ever have to go to the hospital until I knew I was in labor. Unfortunately, that hope didn't come true. I've had some horrible headaches, nausea, and swelling this week so I made a visit to my doctor on Monday. My blood pressure was high so they had me do a 24 hour urine test and return to the doctor Tuesday. May I mention, the 24 hour urine test meant I had to collect ALL of my urine in a big jug, which wasn't very pretty. At the doctor Tuesday, my blood pressure was still high so they ran my test and did more bloodwork while I waited. They let me know at about 4 pm that they wanted me to go to the hospital to be "monitored". I got there at about 6 pm that night and will NOT go back to the hospital to be monitored again. It was not a pleasant experience at all. I got there and since I wasn't officially being admitted, they put me in the Labor & Delivery room where it's just a bunch of pregnant women divided by curtains. They hooked me up to all these annoying monitors and oddly enough, my blood pressure was perfect. After about an hour being there, bored and anxious out of my mind, I got the joy of having a girl in labor come in beside me. She screamed the whole time like someone was killing her. I heard them say she was 3-4 cm dilated and then all of a sudden she screamed like no other and her water broke. I know labor is horrendous pain but she seemed to be a little over the top. I thought for sure that my next BP reading would be out the roof but of course, it wasn't.

Thank the Lord, they finally got her out of there and I sat there another 2-3 hours. I chose not to tell anyone but mine and Ty's parents only because I am already anxious enough to have this baby and didn't want anyone calling/texting repetitively to see if/when the baby's going to be born. I also didn't want any visitors and I know how it works with stuff like that. I would end up with random people coming to visit, while I'm naked under a gown, anxious, and feeling horrible. That whole time, my BP was great but Dr. Welsch decided to admit me overnight and let me know something in the morning. I can actually say though, that the rooms are pretty nice at Jackson General. It was huge for a hospital room. Luckily, they didn't hook me back up to all the monitors. They just came in every 2 or 3 hours and checked my BP and did some blood work. I slept about 3 hours but was wide awake at about 3 this morning. Poor Ty had to sleep on the little couch they have in the rooms. But atleast he did sleep. He said he just woke up the times they came in and fell back asleep. I finally heard from the doctor at about 11 am. She said since my BP was so good while I was there and my bloodwork looked fine, they'd send me home. To be honest, I was extremely upset. I never thought I'd be the pregnant woman to cry to the doctor about wanting to get the baby out. But, I was! Not to mention, they had me lay on my left side the entire time I was there. Of course, my blood pressure is going to be good laying like that! At home, I can't lay down at all due to all the pain and shortness of breath, so my blood pressure has of course, gone back up since I've been home.

I know I only have about 4 days left until he's here but I'm just really anxious and moody. We've had a few people call non-stop, asking if Barrett's coming early and all and it irritates me more than anything. There's no doubt I want him to be here more than anyone on this planet so hearing someone else gripe that he's not here yet just annoys me. I'm just glad that my husband is so supportive and caring and knows how to handle these situations for me. I thank God for him every day! Anyways, I go back to Dr. Welsch tomorrow to discuss what will happen Monday and all that good stuff. I can't wait until then! I get to meet my baby boy and hopefully get to feeling a little better!

No comments:

Post a Comment