Saturday, November 13, 2010

9 days to go!

I can't believe that Barrett will be here in 9 days! I had my normal weekly doctor's visit last Monday and my blood pressure was up so he wanted me to come back Wednesday. I returned Wednesday and it was higher than before. So, considering my blood pressure, some protein in my urine, how big Barrett's measuring, and a few other things, we've decided it's best we go ahead and deliver on November 22nd. I'll be exactly 39 weeks that day. I'm starting to get a little stressed about it but very excited to meet Barrett and not be pregnant anymore. It's all just a little surreal. I stayed home from work yesterday to relax and get some of my swelling down but I got bored after a little while and ended up cleaning the house. I have definitely paid for it too, since then. The pain is just unbelieveable at this point. It feels like all of my bones from the waist down are broken and the pressure is killer. I've had a few contractions the past couple days but they're irregular and don't last very long which means nothing as far as going into labor goes. I wouldn't mind going into labor before the 22nd but I kind of want to wait until then so that I get Dr. Welsch, as planned. I've worried the whole pregnancy about what doctor would be on call when I go into labor but since mine is scheduled, I know it'll be Dr. Welsch, unless I were to go before then.

As far as work goes, I think I'm done for the most part. I may go in for an hour or so a couple more times but nothing scheduled. I plan on just going in, doing what I have to do, then leaving. Of course, it's mainly because I just don't feel good but I also need to watch my blood pressure and swelling. On a side note, I found Barrett a Thanksgiving outfit last night! I've seen them at Kohls for months now but wasn't sure that he'd be here in time. But now that I know for sure he'll be here, I went ahead and got it. I can't wait to see him in it. It will be nice to get Thanksgiving meals brought to us this year! I can't help but wonder all the time what he's going to look like. He had quite a bit of hair at our last ultrasound. You could actually see each hair this time. Before, we've seen shadows and wondered if it was hair but it was easily seen this time. It seems he has alot more on the back of his head than the top but we'll see! That's exactly how I was as a baby.

I guess I get to spend the next hour cleaning my bathroom. I know I probably shouldn't but SOMEBODY's got to do it! I'll update probably one more time before Barrett gets here. Have a good week!

No comments:

Post a Comment