Wednesday, June 30, 2010

I am so blessed!


We went for our ultrasound today! I'm 18 weeks 2 days and have finally gained two pounds. Everything looked great. The baby measured 5 days ahead and weighed 10 ounces. It was so neat to see little details like all the chambers of the heart, the kidneys, spine, and bladder. Of course, it was the best thing to see two arms and two legs! That's all I could have asked for. The ultrasound tech asked us a few minutes in, if we wanted to know the gender or not and of course, I was thrilled to know. She said she already knew what it was but would double-check in a couple of minutes. Sure enough, she showed us his little BOY parts! There was no doubt at all! He was just chillin' in there! He moved but nothing too crazy. The picture above shows a side view of his face. He kept his arm up there the whole time. We are so excited that the baby looked healthy and of course were happy to hear it's a boy! We have decided on Barrett Asa Jones for his name. Asa was my great grandfather's middle name. He was the best grandfather I could have ever asked for and I wish he was still around today. It's amazing what kinds of faces people will make to your face when you tell them what name you've chosen. Haha. Oh well, that's why Ty and I are the parents and not them. I go back to the doctor in four weeks for another checkup. Until then, I'll be doing PLENTY of shopping (starting today actually) for this sweet little boy that's coming in November. I haven't bought a single thing as of yet, so I'm looking forward to it! I am on cloud 9!

No comments:

Post a Comment