Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Same ole Same ole...

Nothing's new. Barrett's still growing up a storm and just as cute as he's always been. Lately, he's wanted to wake up around 6 every morning, which is getting exhausting. I know I should just be thankful that he's slept through the night for a few months now but I've gotten so adjusted to him sleeping from 10pm to 8am. Now, it's pretty much 6 or 7 am when he wakes up, regardless of when he goes to sleep. I'm a night owl so I don't go to sleep til around 12. Oh well...him being such a good baby 24/7 makes up for it. This child literally hardly ever cries. I get the question, "is he always this good?" every day. If he's fussing and I can't make him stop, then I know he's got an ear infection. Speaking of, this is his second one already. Ugh...I'm hoping he's not going to follow in the footsteps of my 3 nephews with allergies, ear infections, etc. but I'm sure he will. They've all had the worst luck. I have a feeling his pediatrician and I will be discussing tubes in his ears within the next 2 or 3 years, but I hope not.

Thursday last week, I ran over a giant screw on Highland, which landed me at King Tire the next day, to get 2 new tires (since another one needed replaced anyways). I went to eat at Rafferty's this past Monday and came out to discover about a 2 foot long crack in my windshield. I'm guessing I had a peck from a rock or something and the first good heat of the year took it's toll. So, I got a new windshield from Jack Morris this morning. As I was pulling back into work, I noticed my glass had a wavy appearance in some spots so I ran it back by Jack Morris this afternoon. Unfortunately, it was a defective glass and I get to go back on Monday to fix it. So in other words, I haven't had great luck with my car this week. We've had a few birthdays lately, as well as a couple of graduations, baby/wedding showers, and weddings...tis the season! I've been dying to go to the tanning bed lately but trying to not let myself do it. My mom had a run-in with skin cancer last year, which will make you re-think jumping in the tanning bed. She definitely doesn't go anymore. I just know that with the way my skin burns, I'm vulnerable to it as well. It's crazy to think about what damage people will risk to their body for what they consider "better" appearance. I mean, I've even said before that I want a tummy tuck...seriously. But then I think about how unnecessary it is. I mean, what if the surgeon accidentally cut something wrong and I was paralyzed for the rest of my life...I figure if it's unnecessary to live, then I don't need to do it. I'll admit though...I'm still VERY tempted to go to the tanning bed. I may just have to invest in the Versa Spa again this year.

I had a great first Mother's Day. I got some very sweet cards and gifts from my family. Barrett's been the best gift of all! Being a mother is so indescribable. It is and will always be the greatest accomplishment of my life. I am so content with my life right now. I have the best friends and family a girl could ask for. On that positive note, I'll get off here. Have a great week.

No comments:

Post a Comment