Sunday, May 22, 2011

B is 6 months old!

So, Barrett turned 6 months old Saturday! Time has gone so fast! We go to the doctor tomorrow, for his 6 month shots, which neither one of us are looking forward to. We had to go to Convenient Care today because he's been coughing for 3 days. Luckily, it's just a cold. All he's wanted to do this weekend is sleep, poor baby. We are getting family pictures made on June 1st! I'm so excited, since this will be our first professional pictures done with our new addition! I've GOT to go to the tanning bed tomorrow though. I've been telling myself to go, every day, for the past week but something always seems to come up! I've told myself not to go to the tanning bed at all but I really hate being pasty white...just ignore my last blog, talking about how I wasn't going to go ever again ;).


Barrett was excited, watching Lilly


He refused to look at me and smile!





I've really been beating myself up lately because Barrett isn't doing things that I see other 6 month old babies doing. He still hasn't rolled over either way. He can sit up but doesn't have his balance down yet, to do it completely on his own. He is nowhere near crawling. He babbles and has good coordination though. His doctor told me last time to not worry about it, that every baby's different and he'll more than likely do everything at once, since he's so big. He said alot of big babies will start crawling a week or so before they walk so I'm hoping that's our situation. I'm going to ask him about it again tomorrow just to ease my mind. I know it's nothing I'm doing wrong but you can't help but feel that way, when you're a mother and your child isn't progressing like other babies. At the doctor today, he weighed 21 pounds 3 ounces...I love my giant baby!


He is such a doll-baby!



Anyways, I guess that's all I have to post today. I'll post again this week, about his 6 month checkup!

No comments:

Post a Comment