Tuesday, August 2, 2011

B from baby to big boy

So, I feel like it's been a while since I posted but honestly I don't think it has been. We've just had a TON going on lately. I hostessed a baby shower for a friend the weekend before last and had a few other things that weekend. I had my nephews from Paris for a night, a couple of weeks ago and realized how much I've missed them. We had a really good time or at least I did! Ha ha. We ate dinner out, the night they got here and then visited Sweet Cece's before heading home. Unlike the majority of the population, I wasn't impressed with Sweet Cece's. I love ice cream but I guess I'm more into Blizzards, McFlurries, and that kind of stuff. When we got home, Jackson, Barrett, and myself played together, mainly trying to keep B entertained. I must say Jackson would be an AWESOME babysitter. Walker and Ty played PlayStation together, of course. The next day, I took Barrett to daycare as usual so that I could spend some much-needed time with just the nephews. We went to lunch with "Granny" (my mom) and Delores (her best friend and my second mother). Then, just Jackson, Walker, and myself went to the movies to see Mr. Popper's Penguins, which was so funny. By the time the movie was over, it was time to head to Paris and meet my sister and brother-in-law to return the boys. All 7 of us ate dinner together there and then Ty, Barrett, and myself headed back to Jackson. I used to spend a lot more time with Walk and Jack before Barrett arrived but since November 21, 2010, we don't spend as much time together as I'd like. I love those 2 boys like my own and was so glad to get that time with them! I just wish my 3rd nephew lived closer so that I could spend more time with him too! I've considered getting Skype and buying my sister the stuff they need, just so I can chat with him :)...we'll see!

I surprised Ty with a trip to Tunica this past Friday night, for his birthday, which was yesterday, August 1st. He loves going to Tunica and I'm just not a big fan so I figured I'd let him have the whole weekend to do what he wants. Needless to say, he was glad we went. We both stayed up until about 4 in the morning but had a good time. My sweet momma and step dad kept Barrett and Lilly while we were gone. We got back around 3 Saturday afternoon and Ty went out to a friend's house to shoot guns. That night, Barrett and I went over a friend's house for a girls night, with the exception of B being there ;). Ty's friend came over Saturday night and they played PlayStation together, which is obviously Ty's favorite thing to do. Sunday, the Jones family was lazy and just sat around the house all day. I took care of B all day so that Ty could lounge and enjoy his birthday "weekend". His actual birthday was Monday. Monday night, 18 of our friends and family came to China Pan (Ty's choice) to celebrate. I got him 2 ice cream cakes from Baskin Robbins, one of which was Chocolate Mint that he LOVES and the other was strawberry. We don't do gifts every occasion because we typically get ourselves something if we want it. So...when our birthday or something rolls around, we don't really need anything! I don't mind getting flowers or being taken to dinner but most of the stuff we used to get each other would be rolled up and thrown somewhere, never to be used. Ty's gift was basically 4 days of doing what he wants with no responsibilities whatsoever....wait...that's EVERY day...just kidding, just kidding!

Friday night, Barrett learned to wave bye bye. Saturday night, he learned to clap, and Sunday night, he SAID "bye bye" a few times for me. Monday night, he 'rolled em' up' (like the Patty Cake Song) with his hands. We realized today, that he definitely knows what "hey" means. Any time some one's said "hey" to him, he's waved back. He's such a smart, sweet boy and I'm so blessed to have him! He still isn't rolling over (he has before but just doesn't seem to WANT to), crawling, or bearing weight on his legs for very long. We have his 9 month checkup in a few weeks so we'll ask Dr. Woods about everything then. I'm thinking he may just need some kind of therapy or similar to boost him into doing these things. He WILL bear weight on his legs...he just doesn't WANT to. He is so content sitting on the ground with toys or jumping in his Jumperoo. I have no concerns intellectually though, which is a relief. He's growing up so fast. Sometimes I just want to slow it down but at the same time, it's very exciting to watch him learn new things.

Tomorrow night, we are going to eat dinner with our best friends for Ty's birthday. It's always a good time when we get to see them. This Saturday, we have a friend's birthday pool party to go to. Then immediately after it, we have another get-together at a pool so Saturday is going to be one busy day. Going to the pool with Barrett, even for 30 minutes, is a hassle...it's fun but it's a hassle. He doesn't DISLIKE the pool but he doesn't necessarily LIKE it either. He usually cries 50% of the time :/ Luckily, the second get-together is at Ty's mom's house and I can always count on her to help me out with Barrett ;).

Friday, my best friend is having an ultrasound and HOPEFULLY we will find out if Barrett is getting a best friend or a girlfriend! I am so excited! It's like I'm getting another nephew or niece. All we ultimately hope for is a healthy baby. My friend will be a little over 17 weeks along in her pregnancy on Friday, so hopefully the baby will be able to show his or her stuff! I was 18 weeks 2 days when we found out B was a he. The ultrasound tech knew within 5 minutes. My friend has another ultrasound scheduled for August 30th with her doctor so if by chance, this Friday was unsuccessful at verifying the gender, August 30th will hopefully work out. I just can't wait! Nothing is better than a baby coming into this world that you can love on and take care of but give back to the parents when you've had enough! Ha ha. Honestly though, I can't wait to help her out when her little one is here. That was the best gift I could have asked for, after I had B. You don't know QUITE how chaotic, exhausted, and busy things will be until the baby is actually here. I had so much help from my mom, 2 sisters, and other family members and friends for the first month following Barrett's birth. They spent the night at my house or took Barrett to their house quite a few nights, in order to give me and Ty a break. AND with all of the health problems I had and the unexpected week-long hospital stay, they were SO much help! I'm glad to help my friend WHENEVER with WHATEVER, whether it be running to get groceries for her or spending the night a few nights, to let her have a full night's sleep, I'll be glad to help. I love my Audge!

Anyways, I've written way too much tonight, so I'm cutting it off here. Good night, peeps! Everyone have a great rest of the week. At least tomorrow's hump day, right?!

2 comments:

  1. Love you Ash, I am so lucky to have you as my best friend. We don't have a lot of family to help with the baby so it is so nice to know I have someone that wants to help. I can't wait to find out what we are having on Friday (Well, hopefully find out). Don't ever hesitate to ask Franz and I to keep B. We love him so very much and can't wait until he has a friend to play with. Can't wait to see you guys in an hour! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait til tomorrow!!! I will be anxiously waiting by my phone around 5 o'clock!!! Love all 3 of you!

    ReplyDelete