Friday, July 6, 2012

It's been 2 months? What?!

I knew it had been a little while since I blogged but I didn't realize exactly HOW long it had been. I'm shocked that April was the last time I posted! It just doesn't feel like it's been that long. I guess when you're busy, time flies. A few things have changed lately. I work four days a week now, coming in around nine every morning and leaving at around five. I get one day a week off with Barrett and I am so glad that I decided to do that. I wanted to start it quite a few months back but I had to convince Ty and myself that I could take off work. I finally realized that yeah, work is important but Barrett is far more important. He'll be five years old before I know it and I'd regret not taking time away from work to spend time with him. I'd actually like to take off more time from work to hang out with him but for now, I need to work. He's doing really well in daycare. He adores his teachers, specifically Ne-Ne (Ms. Pam). I dread the day that we have to move up classes again but I know it will be soon. I know the teachers in that class will be good too but he's really comfortable in his current class.

Barrett is growing like a weed. Barrett is now about 3 feet tall and weighs 32 pounds. He's a big ol' boy :). He's the tallest kid in his class and actually pretty thin. He can say probably around 50 words now and has recently started saying two to three word phrases. He still has trouble with the pronunciation of some words but he's doing great trying. He goes to bed between 8 and 10 every night and usually wakes up between 7 and 9. He loves his sleep! He actually fights me in the mornings, when I get him out of his crib ;). He is definitely his mother's child! Barrett will be two years old in late November, which I'm kind of sad about. When he turns two, we plan on weaning him from the pacifier, start potty training, and wean him from the two bottles he gets a day. He gets 8 ounces of warm milk in the morning and 8 ounces at night. He is in LOVE with his bottle. I have gotten so much crap for him still taking a bottle. Last time I checked though, I am his mother and only me or Ty have the authority to decide when he will stop taking it. There are so many more things that I am concerned about besides him taking a bottle. I'm just glad that he's getting 16 ounces of whole milk a day. He isn't crazy about milk out of the bottle so he probably wouldn't drink over 4 ounces of milk in a sippy cup. Anyways, he is such a good child. He behaves well for me most of the time and is the most loving boy I have ever met. He is constantly coming up to me to give me a hug or kiss. He says "huck" for hug. It's so sweet the way he accentuates words. He makes to sure to get the "L" sound out clearly when he says "Lilly". I could go on and on about the cute things Barrett does but I won't bore you all with that, haha.

My life has been crazy busy lately. I work all day, then pickup Barrett from daycare and head home. Then, I either cook dinner or we go to a restaurant for dinner. We are usually finished eating by 7 or 7:30. Then, we try to settle down and get Barrett ready for bed. He gets a bath every other night. His Eczema gets really bad if we give baths every night. I rock him and he gets his bottle before he gets in his crib. Sometimes, he'll fall asleep in my arms and sometimes, we'll lay him in his bed awake and he'll go to sleep on his own. He doesn't mind either way! I have no intention of changing his bed to a toddler bed anytime really soon. He wakes up multiple times during the night, just to toss around. If he were to wake up and see that he could get out of bed, he would. I'd then be awakened every night by a little boy playing with his toys in the playroom. I like my sleep too much for that. Anyways, after Barrett is in bed, I do housework which includes laundry, dishes, or cleaning. There's ALWAYS something that needs to be done. I try to atleast get 30 minutes of free time to spend with Ty. It's normally around midnight before I'm done with everything. I get up around 6:30 during the week. It takes me about two hours to get myself and Barrett ready, and get out the door. I get him to daycare around 8:45 and I head to work.

We had a good Fourth of July. We literally did nothing during the day. I got to hang out with my favorite little boy, watching movies and cuddling. That night, we went over a friends' house for dinner and to chill. We had a good time but had to get home fairly early since the next day was a work day. We got Barrett put to bed and I took care of my laundry. I was finished with everything so I got an orange to eat and went to bed. I realized when I got in my bedroom that I hadn't seen Lilly, our dog, in a few hours. I looked under my bed and she wasn't there so I looked at the chair and a half in the living room but she wasn't there either. She is always in the living room or in our bedroom so I started getting worried. I yelled for her and said she could have a treat which always works. Shockingly, she didn't come running. Then, I figured that maybe Ty had forgotten to let her in the back door so I ran and opened the door, yelling for her and she was nowhere in the back yard. We do have a fenced-in back yard, incase you're thinking we're crazy for letting our dog run loose in the backyard. Anyways, I panic and Ty and I run around the house, checking every corner, etc. and don't see her anywhere! It was an awful feeling, thinking that maybe she got under the fence and is in a field somewhere lost. I had so many thoughts running through my head because I had NO IDEA how she could have gotten out of the house. We had already checked Barrett's room while he slept but we had not checked his closet. We went in and I saw a little nose sticking out from the closet door. I opened the closet door and she came running out, as if she had been trapped. I was so happy that she wasn't gone! Barrett's closet door doesn't clasp shut. His doors simply push up against the trim and the wind sometimes opens them an inch or so. I guess Lilly didn't think she could open the doors. I'm thinking that she ran in his closet when I was dressing Barrett in there, after his bath. A neighbor shot some fireworks as I was finishing and I think that's when she ran in the closet. Bless her heart :(.

Ty and I have a big event tomorrow. It's our fifth anniversary! I love him now more than I ever have before. He is such a loving husband and caring father. I just adore him. Of course, we have our hard times but a marriage isn't healthy if there aren't any disagreements. I can't believe that we work together too. Not only do we work together, our desks are butted up against eachother, where I'm facing his left cheek, probably 5 feet away from his face. I've grown to enjoy working with him and wouldn't have it any different. He has given me the best gift I could imagine...Barrett. I hope everyone has a great weekend! I know I will!

No comments:

Post a Comment